Monday, February 16, 2009

Fast Food Smiles (And Frowns)

I really enjoy it when someone does something really nice, or even just very friendly, somewhere where I least expect it. I've noticed that lately that the Chick-Fil-A restaurants around where I live have been extraordinarily friendly to eat-in customers. The past few times I've gone, food has been delivered to our tables, asked if we needed anything else, and even offered refills on our sodas! All with a friendly smile. How's that for a good eating experience?

And just the other day. It was Valentine's day, although, I really didn't expect anything special to be going on. (After all, isn't Valentine's day a holiday that is inclusive to only couples?) But lo and behold, when my sister and I ordered Bo-Berry biscuits at Bojangles that morning, we were treated to a wonderful surprise:

That's right: heart-shaped Bo-Berry biscuits! It was the cutest thing. And it really did put a smile on my face. It's nice to see people do a little extra to bring a bit of cheer to the day.

On the flip-side, sometimes fast food experiences are not all smiles and cheerfulness, particularly when the cashier rings up the order wrong. (Or you somehow end up with the wrong order, even thought it was rung in correctly.) Not to pick on my friend Chick-Fil-A, but in the past, they have had a nasty habit of messing up my "no pickle" Chick-Fil-A sandwich orders. When I say, "Chick-Fil-A sandwich, no pickle," that does not mean that I want:

A.) A sandwich with a pickle on it.
B.) A sandwich with extra pickles on it.
C.) A sandwich with no pickles, but a slice of cheese on it.

or my favorite,

D.) A sandwich that used to have pickles on it.

How do I know that it used to have pickles on it? The tell-tale pickle juice visible and (edible!) on the fillet, and the bits of green pickle pieces that litter the bun. This means that whoever made this order took a sandwich with a pickle, took the bun off, removed the pickle, and then put the bun back on.

I'm just glad I'm not allergic to pickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment