Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Freeze!


For those of you new to the blog, I teach martial arts at various locations in the area. So I was teaching at a school yesterday that I had never been to before. The kids there seemed energetic, and overall, I think the classes went well. However, I did a double-take toward the end of the first class when one of the students asked if we could play Freeze Tag at the end of class.

Little Scarf: "Er, no. What does Freeze Tag have to do with martial arts?"
Kid: "Well...we sometimes play it with our other teacher."

I just brushed it off and continued teaching. Then, in the second class, a different student asked me if we were going to play Freeze Tag. What was it with all these kids wanting to play Freeze Tag?

Little Scarf: "Do you usually play Freeze Tag??"
Kid 2: "Yeah, Martial Arts Freeze Tag! We play it for the last 5 minutes of class, and if you get frozen, you have to keep doing the same kick over and over until someone unfreezes you."

So I realized that made a lot more sense than just randomly playing Freeze Tag. I said sure, we could play. And I must say, I did pretty badly. I'm not used to sprinting around during class, haha.

Little Scarf might also be moving into an apartment on her own soon. I saw one the other day that's convenient to where I live, and has everything I could want in a place. There's nothing stopping me from going over and putting in the application ... other than the fact that this seems like a big deal. But at the same time, I feel like I'm ready to get out there on my own. I'll have to put down a bit of money on some furniture (since I've got about 2 pieces to my name at this point) but I think in the end, it'll be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment