Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Short people have to look out for each other

There is a little boy in one of the Tae Kwon Do classes I teach who is pretty small. He looks like he's maybe 4 or 5 years old. The water fountain just outside of the room where class is are too tall for him to reach. So when it's time for water break, I've been picking up him, and letting him push the button and lean over to get a drink.

While I do think there needs to be a smaller fountain there for the smaller kids, I can't help but think it's really cute. Besides, we short people need to look out for each other. I can remember countless times I needed to have the guys hang up the punching bag for me at the college club where I used to teach.

In a way, it probably looks a little curious to see a short girl like me teaching the class. I like to think I more than prove my worth, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment