Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's All Downhill

When you knock an open bottle of deep, sparkly red nail polish off the bathroom counter onto the rug before you've even put your glasses on in the morning, you know that you're in for a terrific day.

I tried nail polish removed, which didn't do much, and then I threw it in the washing machine. I only ran it for about 10 mintues before I left, since I didn't want to risk flooding the house. (Normally I don't care about leaving my machine on when I leave, but I've never washed the rug before, and didn't want to come home and find my bathroom floor flooded. Now that would be just ridiculous.

I read up that hairspray does wonders for nail polish stains, so I'm going to pick some up on my way home. Maybe before or after I pay my rent. And pick up my sister. And go teach Tae Kwon Do. I don't know, I feel like my week has been going by on fast-forward, and that I generally only come home to take a shower and go to sleep. I was actually home one Sunday last month, and I was so surprised that I could open the blinds and let light in.

Mountain Dew Girl was having a discussion (or argument) yesterday about why it's not fair to compare your problems to someone else, or for someone else to invalidate your own because to them, they don't seem important. While I could see where this may have rubbed some folks with spouses and famillies the wrong way, it's true. Even I, Little Scarf Girl, have stresses and frustrations. Haha, you say! But you're a single girl, living on your own, with a good job! What could you know of stress?!

Well, you know, you're not me. And I'm not you. And we're entitled to be upset about our own issues, and as a friend, we should recognize that about each other. No one wants to hear, "Look honey, I've been there, done that, and it was so easy!"

I'm beginning to lose faith in humanity again, for a myriad of reasons. I am also really starting to understand why certain people think they way they do.

I'm being kind of moody and cryptic for a Little Scarf Girl post, I know. It's the nail polish, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment