Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cats

Yes, Little Scarf Girl has been on a bit of a hiatus. We can just call it summer break, right? That's what I've been calling my laziness business ever since April. Haven't played chess in a while? Well, I was just on summer break! Not attending many Tae Kwon Do class? Summer break. Haven't written anything in a long time? Summer, of course!

Actually I had a pretty active summer. In May I went to the beach for a week with Mountain Dew Girl. It was relaxing, albiet a bit windy. I'll have to write about how we almost got "stuck" in a hot tub. In the beginning of July, we went out to California to visit some relatives, and then at the end of July we went to NYC for a weekend to attend a cousin's wedding. Someone laughed and said I was quite the world traveler, and while I've only stayed in the US, I have been all over the place lately.

All of my trips were awesome, although I did end up facing off against my arch-nemesis: cats.

I'm extremely allergic to cats. Not the kind of allergic like, "Oh, I sneezed because there's a cat in the house!" It's the kind of incessant sneezing that doesn't stop. The constant runny nose. The congestion. The itchy, watery eyes. A good friend of mine from high school had a house full of cats. Sleepovers at her place were pretty rough on the old allergies.

So as it turns out, my relatives that I stayed with in California for a week have not one, not two, but four lovely cats. (And I'm not being sarcastic there - those cats were really cute!) But there they were, slinking all over the house. Purposely coming over to me and being all cute. (I gave in to their charms one evening and played with them for a bit - big mistake.) Rubbing their little heads against my leg. Crawling up onto my lap. Just taunting me.

Needless to say, I was on Benedryl for the whole week. And seriously, if I weren't allergic to them, I'd probably own one. But boy, am I allergic.

In other news, I've started a sub-blog:
Little Scarf Reviews

I figured I'm following enough TV series this fall, and seeing enough movies, that I may as well put my opinion on them out there, right? Cause there just aren't enough blogs where people give their opinions on popular media.

No comments:

Post a Comment